A Reflection - BYUI Online 1st Semester 1st Certificate

 A Reflection - BYUI Online 1st Semester 1st Certificate

The semester has been quite a tedious and rigorous semester. During these past 14 weeks I have had the liberty to engage in my first experience of my BYUI Online courses. This semester I was doing 3 modules, equaling 9 college credit hours. I did CIT 160 (Introduction to JavaScript Programming), CS241 (Python Data Structures and Algorithms) and lastly REL250 (Jesus Christ & the Everlasting gospel) which is ideally sort of like a general elective course. My final grades C , B, B+ respectively...I have had struggles managing my time properly oft times, also understanding some of the course content at times, I also felt quite a bit overwhelmed some of the weeks and had to push myself to stay motivated when things seemed challenging. This semester has given me the opportunity to discover some of my strengths and weaknesses as an online student. As part of my strengths I have gained experience working as part of a team and realized that I have a potential as a leader and team coordinator. There were times when people seemed as if they did not want to meet or rather were not motivated enough to engage due to various reasons.

 In some or most of these cases I would always try to reach out to everyone and coordinate the meet up. I also gained an awareness and consciousness of the importance of diversity, team work, teaching & supporting each other, in order to succeed. Some of the motivation which kept me going came from the interaction I received from some of my fellow colleagues and also the weekly devotionals. One thing I came to also realize about online learning in such a setting is that this is a test of your intellectual and moral character. Your very integrity and honor will be tried and tested. I for one there are cases I have faltered but I have resolved to strive to become better by each day. In a nutshell let me say that BYU Pathway is an inspired program. We are not in it alone, we have many other thousands of students pushing along also from diverse nationalities. The heavens and its heavenly hosts are cheering us on. A few nuggets I would share with someone on a similar path. 1. Pray & Fast for Heavens help, 2. Exert all the necessary effort 3. Learn and share with others and lastly 4. Stay motivated and remember your WHY.

Till we meet at the epitome of our very dreams. Till then take care.





Felix Digital Journal Entries – 8 April 2021 – A Reflection on BYUI

Comments

Popular Posts